St Philip’s Cathedral

Colmore Row Birmingham B3 2QB

Originally a parish church, Birmingham's cathedral has been a place of worship since 1715. Unfortunately, like many of the city's older structures, it was decimated by bombing in November 1940 but thankfully not everything was lost and a post-war restoration project saw it returned to its original Baroque glory in 1948. Survivors include the Burnes-Jones stained glass windows, which were removed and safely stowed away at the break-out of war in anticipation of bomb damage, and the Schwarbrick organ, parts of which date back to 1715.

Best Places to stay near St Philip’s Cathedral