Bossington Safari Lodge (7 at Middle Stone Farm)
- A spacious safari lodge with its own bathroom, separate bedrooms and living area
- Outside space includes a front deck, hammock, BBQ area and hot tub
- One of six safari tents on a working farm with farm shop onsite
The Owner Says
Bossington lodge sleeps 4 adults and up to 4 children and is the largest safari lodge at Middle Stone Farm. (Please note with the Rule of 6 we can only host 6 guests in this lodge at the moment.)
The lodge has one king bedroom, a twin room and separate quirky king cabin bed in the living space. The comfortable beds are made up for your arrival with freshly laundered bed linen, thick duvets and plenty of blankets. There is a spacious bathroom in the centre of the lodge with large walk in shower, upcycled basin and flushing loo, plus a second loo in a cloak room. There’s plenty of hot water is demand.
The large kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to make delicious meals on the wood stove (a bit like an Aga) or prepare a barbecue. There's a large fridge/freezer plus low voltage electrical sockets suitable for charging a phone. The lighting is via LED lights and there are plenty of candles for evening atmosphere too. The large oak dining table is in the centre of the tents. Comfy sofas face the fire.
The lodge has two outside decks with dining furniture and wonderful views towards Exmoor National Park. There is a large private wood fired hot tub for hire outside of the lodge (optional extra), a barbecue area, picnic table and star of hammocks.
- The private wood fired hot tub is not included in the rent, it is an optional extra and can be selected on the booking form.
- A maximum of 4 adults may stay in this lodge. We are not hosting larger groups at the moment due to Covid 19.
- Please note we are a quiet and rural place perfect for couples and families but not suitable for noisy gatherings. We operate a strict noise curfew at 10pm. Please make sure you have read our full Terms & Conditions.
- No smoking or vaping in the lodge or around the hot tub please.
- There are two playgrounds within the glamping fields. We run farm tours through the glamping season for interested guests.
- A generous supply of firewood is included in the lodge hire, more can be purchased from us if you need it. We don't provide a supply for the fire pit., charcoal is available in our shop.
- There is parking for two cars in a designated parking space.
- This lodge is not suitable for guest dogs or any kind of pet. We keep this lodge pet free.
About Middle Stone Farm
Watching the flames dance in the fire pits whilst toasting marshmallows and sipping a good red wine from our shop!
It's very rural here, we're well off the beaten track. You won't find queues of traffic on the roads when you head out to explore and you'll be overwhelmed by the beauty of the unspoilt hills.
Food & Drink
The Notley Arms in Monksilver is great and Scarlett's Garden is lovely for lunch and artisan pizzas on Sundays. The Pebbles Tavern in Watchet is fun in the evening with sea shanties and acoustic music and loads of ciders. Tracebridge has a great Friday pizza night through the summer and a hip atmosphere.
You don't need to go on safari to stay in a safari tent these days. But with alpacas, goats and rare breed pigs and sheep, you can make a very British safari of your own at Middle Stone Farm. Binoculars aren't even required.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 1 reviews
Enjoyable and relaxing stay, would return
Response from Middle Stone Farm
Middle Stone Farm is located at Middle Stone Farm, Brompton Ralph, Somerset TA4 2RT
From Taunton, take the B3227 to Wiveliscombe, and from there follow the B3188 which will take you through the village of Ford and up the hill to Pitsford Hill and the cricket club. Shortly after Pitsford Hill you will see a lane marked 'Brompton Ralph' on the left; take this and after three field entrances you will see Middle Stone Farm.
A direct train from London Paddington (0845 748 4950) to Taunton (0845 748 4950) takes 1hr 45 minutes if you're on the fast train. The glamping site is still a 30 minute drive from Taunton train station though and there is no public transport to Brompton Ralph. You need a car to make the most of your visit!