Bossington Safari Lodge (7 at Middle Stone Farm)
- A spacious safari lodge with its own bathroom, separate bedrooms and living area
- Outside space includes a front deck, hammock, BBQ area and hot tub
- One of six safari tents on a working farm with farm shop onsite
The Owner Says
Bossington lodge sleeps 6 and is the largest safari lodge at Middle Stone Farm.
The lodge has one king bedroom, a twin room and separate quirky king cabin bed in the living space. The comfortable beds are made up for your arrival with freshly laundered bed linen, thick duvets and plenty of blankets. There is a spacious bathroom in the centre of the lodge with large walk in shower, upcycled basin and flushing loo, plus a second loo in a cloak room. There’s plenty of hot water on demand. There's a separate playroom with sofa and baskets of toys and children's books.
The large kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to make delicious meals on the wood stove (a bit like an Aga) or prepare a barbecue. There's a large fridge/freezer plus low voltage electrical sockets suitable for charging a phone. The lighting is via LED lights and there are plenty of candles for evening atmosphere too. The large oak dining table is in the centre of the tents. Comfy sofas face the fire.
The lodge has two outside decks with dining furniture and wonderful views towards Exmoor National Park. There is a large private wood fired hot tub for hire outside of the lodge (optional extra), a barbecue area, picnic table and star of hammocks.
- The private wood fired hot tub is not included in the price, it is an optional extra and can be selected on the booking form.
- A maximum of 4 adults may stay in this lodge. Please note the Covid restrictions, we're not hosting mixed households in any of our accommodations until after 17th May.
- Please note we are a quiet and rural place perfect for couples and families. We operate a strict noise curfew at 10pm. Please make sure you have read our full Terms & Conditions. We are not hosting adult groups until September 2021.
- No smoking or vaping in the lodge or around the hot tub please.
- There are two playgrounds within the glamping fields. We run regular farm tours through the glamping season.
- A generous supply of firewood is included in the lodge hire, more can be purchased from us if you need it. We don't provide a supply for the fire pit., charcoal is available in our shop.
- There is parking for two cars in a designated parking space.
- This lodge is not suitable for guest dogs or any kind of pet. We keep this lodge pet free. We have three dog friendly lodges in a neighbouring field.
About Middle Stone Farm
We're very family friendly with two play areas, lots of animals to meet, meadows to run free and it's not overcrowded. The cabin is secluded and designed with couples in mind. We have a farm shop on site with lots of local products and we run very popular farm tours through the glamping season. Perfect for family holidays and couple breaks, please note we are not hosting adult groups at the moment.
West Somerset is relatively unknown, our local beaches are never crowded even in August, we're only 3 miles from Exmoor, the least visited National Park in the country, it's incredibly beautiful and unspoilt here. It's also a very friendly part of the West Country and you can be sure of a warm welcome.
Food & Drink
There are two pubs in nearby Wiveliscombe and many good country pubs on Exmoor and The Quantocks. Porlock Weir has lots of good independent options including oysters and noodles on the harbour, Blue Anchor has a family friendly beach cafe.
You don't need to go on safari to stay in a safari tent these days. But with alpacas, goats and rare breed pigs and sheep, you can make a very British safari of your own at Middle Stone Farm. Binoculars aren't even required.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 1 reviews
Enjoyable and relaxing stay, would return
Response from Middle Stone Farm
Middle Stone Farm is located at Middle Stone Farm, Brompton Ralph, Somerset TA4 2RT
From Taunton, take the B3227 to Wiveliscombe, and from there follow the B3188 which will take you through the village of Ford and up the hill to Pitsford Hill and the cricket club. Shortly after Pitsford Hill you will see a lane marked 'Brompton Ralph' on the left; take this and after three field entrances you will see Middle Stone Farm.
A direct train from London Paddington (0845 748 4950) to Taunton (0845 748 4950) takes 1hr 45 minutes if you're on the fast train. The glamping site is still a 30 minute drive from Taunton train station though and there is no public transport to Brompton Ralph. You need a car to make the most of your visit!