Any registered Cool Places user may leave a review on coolplaces.co.uk, provided contributions are submitted in a responsible manner and for lawful purposes only. Only expressions of genuinely held belief or opinion of a person who has stayed at the establishment under review may be posted.
All reviews submitted are checked and approved before publication. We reserve the right to remove or edit any comments posted on coolplaces.co.uk, at our discretion.
Reviewers are asked to submit a review that details first-hand experiences of the accommodation, facilities, surrounding area of the site under review, giving constructive criticism where appropriate.
We acknowledge that customer interaction with staff is an integral part of the holiday experience. As such, any grievances with staff must be aired in an objective manner based upon factual evidence of events during the stay in question.
Reviews are limited to 500 words.
While reviewers are encouraged to express their opinion of their experience, we would kindly ask that reviewers abide
by the following guidelines:
1. Users are prohibited from posting reviews that use abusive, obscene, hateful, or threatening language.
2. User reviews will only be accepted and published if the user has genuinely visited and stayed the site under review.
3. Users are prohibited from posting any promotional material of any kind (including links/URLs) or other forms of solicitation.
4. Users are prohibited from using their review to critique another site listed on Cool Places.
For site owners:
1. Owners (or any other individuals employed by or affiliated with a site) are not permitted to review their own site and are instead asked to leave any comments in their own 'They Say' section. (If you do not have access to this section, please click here.)
2. Site owners or individuals employed by or affiliated with a site are not permitted to review competitor sites. In this instance, a local competitor is deemed as any other site featured on Cool Places.
3. We cannot delete unflattering reviews upon request as this would compromise the reliability and impartiality central to Cool Places.
4. Unlike other travel websites/hotel directories, we will investigate any review which is deemed by us to be unduly negative. Criteria for reviews to warrant further investigation is entirely based upon our own discretion and will not be open for discussion.
5. If we identify a review as unduly negative, we will notify the site owner under review and offer them the opportunity to respond. All responses must be received within one week of notification. Failure to respond within the allotted time will result in the original review being published with no site owner response.
6. Responses must be no more than 250 words in length and should constitute a brief, politely objective, point-by-point counter to the grievances listed. Satisfactory responses will appear directly underneath the review in question.