The Deckhouse Cabin (1)
- Sleeps 4 (max 2 adults, 2 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- Private Hot Tub
- Private Bathroom
- Not overlooked and separate to the rest of the farm's glamping
- Well insulated and cosy throughout the year
- Private wood fired hot tub
The Owner Says
The Deckhouse Cabin at Middle Stone Farm sleeps a couple or family of 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 13. There's an open plan living space with well equipped kitchen and sitting room. The main bedroom has a king bed and there's a mini bunk room suitable for up to 2 young children. The view from the private veranda looks over open farm land with grazing animals.
There's a modern bathroom with hot shower, basin and loo. All the bedlinen and towels are provided. Cooking is on a mini oven with hob, there's a undercounter fridge freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and cafetiere. The cabin is heated by an efficient wood burner in the sitting room and a generous supply of firewood is provided along with kindling and firelighters.
The cabin is open all year round, it's well insulated and perfectly warm. There is no WiFi in the cabin but a 4G phone signal can be picked up outside on the farm.
The Deckhouse is separate to the rest of our accommodation and a good choice for guests seeking privacy as it's not overlooked. The six safari lodges are in fields a couple of minute's walk away. There are two children's play areas on the farm open from April to October.
The private wood fired hot tub is close to the cabin in a fenced garden within our apple orchard. The hot tub is not included in the cost of your stay, this is an optional extra. If you are staying in the winter we recommend a pre heat too as it takes a long time to get hot in the winter months. For heating times and information about how the hot tub works get in touch. A user video will be emailed to guests who have hired it.
- The cabin sleeps a maximum of four. (Two adults and 2 children under the age of 13). The top bunk is suitable for children aged between 7 and 12. If you are a family of more than 4, our safari lodges accommodate larger families.
- The wood fired hot tub is an optional extra. Heating times and options to for a pre heat are on our website.
- No smoking or vaping in our around the cabin please.
- We do not allow supermarket deliveries to the cabin. There is parking for 1 car.
- The cabin is not suitable for dogs or any guest pets. It is right next to animals and free ranging chickens wander around the cabin garden.
- The farm shop is open from April to October.
- Farm tours are sometimes available.
- We're not a party venue and suitable for couples or families looking for a chilled weekend relaxing in the quiet countryside.
- Breakfast hampers, meat from the farm, homecooked dishes, fruit and veg boxes are available to pre order.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Middle Stone Farm with the Cool Places Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure your booking
- Balance due 10 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Middle Stone Farm
Watching the flames dance in the fire pits whilst toasting marshmallows and sipping a good red wine from our shop!
It's very rural here, we're well off the beaten track. You won't find queues of traffic on the roads when you head out to explore and you'll be overwhelmed by the beauty of the unspoilt hills.
Food & Drink
The Notley Arms in Monksilver is great and Scarlett's Garden is lovely for lunch and artisan pizzas on Sundays. The Pebbles Tavern in Watchet is fun in the evening with sea shanties and acoustic music and loads of ciders. Tracebridge has a great Friday pizza night through the summer and a hip atmosphere.
Family FriendlyYou don't need to go on safari to stay in a safari tent these days. But with alpacas, goats and rare breed pigs and sheep, you can make a very British safari of your own at Middle Stone Farm. Binoculars aren't even required.
Middle Stone Farm is located at Middle Stone Farm, Brompton Ralph, Somerset TA4 2RT
From Taunton, take the B3227 to Wiveliscombe, and from there follow the B3188 which will take you through the village of Ford and up the hill to Pitsford Hill and the cricket club. Shortly after Pitsford Hill you will see a lane marked 'Brompton Ralph' on the left; take this and after three field entrances you will see Middle Stone Farm.A direct train from London Paddington (0845 748 4950) to Taunton (0845 748 4950) takes 1hr 45 minutes if you're on the fast train. The glamping site is still a 30 minute drive from Taunton train station though and there is no public transport to Brompton Ralph. You need a car to make the most of your visit!