Buzzard Safari Lodge (3)
- Sleeps 6 (max 4 adults, 5 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- Private Hot Tub
- Private Bathroom
- Pet Friendly
- A spacious safari lodge with its own bathroom, separate bedrooms and living area
- Outside space includes a front deck, hammock, BBQ area and hot tub
- One of six safari tents on a working farm with farm shop onsite
The Owner Says
Buzzard Safari Lodge comfortably sleeps up to 6 people making it a great glamping option to gather with friends and family. It is in an enclosed field with three other lodges (Hawk and Kestrel). Buzzard is nearest the shop, play area and wood store. The tents are about 20 metres apart giving them an element of privacy but they're still close enough if you want to socialise or book the site as a group with other families.
There is a king bed in one room, two singles in the twin room, and a double cabin bed inside a quirky cupboard which children love.
The beds are made up for your arrival with warm duvets and plenty of blankets. There is a spacious en-suite shower and wash room with flushing loo at the back of the lodge, hot water is provided by a wood fuelled water heater which also warms the bathroom space. Towels are provided.
The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to make delicious meals on the wood stove or prepare a barbecue. There's an electric mini fridge/freezer, LED lighting, large wood stove to cook on – a bit like an Aga, an electrical hob plus an electrical socket for charging a phone or laptop. There are also comfy sofas and a dining table for 6 inside the lodge. Outside is a spacious deck with rattan furniture and gorgeous views of the surrounding hills. The deck is fenced and gated. We accept a single well behaved dog in this lodge, we are a working farm with lots of animals and guest dogs must be on a lead at all times. There's also a firepit/barbecue, hammock and picnic table.
- The private wood fired hot tub is not included in the rent, it is an optional extra. For heating times get in touch.
- A maximum of 4 adults may stay in this lodge.
- No smoking or vaping in the lodge or around the hot tub please.
- We are a great place for couples, or families, During Covid we cannot host adult groups or be a party venue. For any questions about this please get in touch.
- There are two playgrounds within the glamping fields. We run farm tours through the glamping season for interested guests.
- A generous supply of firewood is included in the lodge hire.
- There is parking for two cars in a designated parking space.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Middle Stone Farm with the Cool Places Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure your booking
- Balance due 10 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
About Middle Stone Farm
Watching the flames dance in the fire pits whilst toasting marshmallows and sipping a good red wine from our shop!
It's very rural here, we're well off the beaten track. You won't find queues of traffic on the roads when you head out to explore and you'll be overwhelmed by the beauty of the unspoilt hills.
Food & Drink
The Notley Arms in Monksilver is great and Scarlett's Garden is lovely for lunch and artisan pizzas on Sundays. The Pebbles Tavern in Watchet is fun in the evening with sea shanties and acoustic music and loads of ciders. Tracebridge has a great Friday pizza night through the summer and a hip atmosphere.
Family FriendlyYou don't need to go on safari to stay in a safari tent these days. But with alpacas, goats and rare breed pigs and sheep, you can make a very British safari of your own at Middle Stone Farm. Binoculars aren't even required.
Middle Stone Farm is located at Middle Stone Farm, Brompton Ralph, Somerset TA4 2RT
From Taunton, take the B3227 to Wiveliscombe, and from there follow the B3188 which will take you through the village of Ford and up the hill to Pitsford Hill and the cricket club. Shortly after Pitsford Hill you will see a lane marked 'Brompton Ralph' on the left; take this and after three field entrances you will see Middle Stone Farm.A direct train from London Paddington (0845 748 4950) to Taunton (0845 748 4950) takes 1hr 45 minutes if you're on the fast train. The glamping site is still a 30 minute drive from Taunton train station though and there is no public transport to Brompton Ralph. You need a car to make the most of your visit!