Kilve Safari Lodge (8 at Middle Stone Farm)
- A spacious safari lodge with its own bathroom, separate bedrooms and living area
- Outside space includes a front deck, hammock, BBQ area and hot tub
- One of six safari tents on a working farm with farm shop onsite
The Owner Says
In a four acre field with stunning views towards Exmoor National Park stand three luxurious safari lodges each with a wood-fired hot tub (optional extra). Kilve Lodge is the safari tent at the top of the field – furthest away from the car park, shop and play areas but offering the most privacy – the hot tub and barbecue area is not over looked. It is closest to the country lane which is not busy.
This lodge comfortably sleeps up to 6 people. There are 3 bedrooms - a king bed in one room, a twin room and a separate quirky king cabin bed popular with couples and children! The comfortable beds are made up for your arrival with freshly laundered bed linen, thick duvets and plenty of blankets. There is a private ensuite shower and wash room at the end of the lodge with spacious shower, flushing loo and upcycled quirky basin unit, towels are provided. There’s plenty of hot water on demand.
The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to make delicious meals on the wood stove (a bit like an Aga) or prepare a barbecue. There's dresser with glasses and crockery, a fridge/freezer plus electrical sockets for charging a phone. The lighting is via LED lights and there are plenty of candles for evening atmosphere too. A comfy sofa faces the fire and there are books and board games to borrow for the evening.
There is a wooden deck at the front of the lodge with rattan garden furniture and wonderful views. Below the deck is the large wood fired hot tub, hammock, barbecue/firepit and picnic table.
- The private wood fired hot tub is not included in the rent, it is an optional extra and can be selected on the booking form.
- A maximum of 4 adults may stay in this lodge. We are not hosting larger groups at the moment due to Covid 19.
- Please note we are a quiet and rural place perfect for couples and families but not suitable for noisy gatherings. We operate a strict noise curfew at 10pm. Please make sure you have read our full Terms & Conditions.
- No smoking or vaping in the lodge or around the hot tub please.
- There are two playgrounds within the glamping fields. We run farm tours through the glamping season for interested guests.
- A generous supply of firewood is included in the lodge hire, more can be purchased from us if you need it. We don't provide a supply for the fire pit., charcoal is available in our shop.
- There is parking for two cars in a designated parking space.
- This lodge is not suitable for guest dogs or any kind of pet. We keep this lodge pet free.
About Middle Stone Farm
We're very family friendly with two play areas, lots of animals to meet, meadows to run free and it's not overcrowded. The cabin is secluded and designed with couples in mind. We have a farm shop on site with lots of local products and we run very popular farm tours through the glamping season. Perfect for family holidays and couple breaks, please note we are not hosting adult groups at the moment.
West Somerset is relatively unknown, our local beaches are never crowded even in August, we're only 3 miles from Exmoor, the least visited National Park in the country, it's incredibly beautiful and unspoilt here. It's also a very friendly part of the West Country and you can be sure of a warm welcome.
Food & Drink
There are two pubs in nearby Wiveliscombe and many good country pubs on Exmoor and The Quantocks. Porlock Weir has lots of good independent options including oysters and noodles on the harbour, Blue Anchor has a family friendly beach cafe.
You don't need to go on safari to stay in a safari tent these days. But with alpacas, goats and rare breed pigs and sheep, you can make a very British safari of your own at Middle Stone Farm. Binoculars aren't even required.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 1 reviews
Enjoyable and relaxing stay, would return
Response from Middle Stone Farm
Middle Stone Farm is located at Middle Stone Farm, Brompton Ralph, Somerset TA4 2RT
From Taunton, take the B3227 to Wiveliscombe, and from there follow the B3188 which will take you through the village of Ford and up the hill to Pitsford Hill and the cricket club. Shortly after Pitsford Hill you will see a lane marked 'Brompton Ralph' on the left; take this and after three field entrances you will see Middle Stone Farm.
A direct train from London Paddington (0845 748 4950) to Taunton (0845 748 4950) takes 1hr 45 minutes if you're on the fast train. The glamping site is still a 30 minute drive from Taunton train station though and there is no public transport to Brompton Ralph. You need a car to make the most of your visit!