The Stable Cottage (2 at Middle Stone Farm)
- Open plan kitchen and dining area, with all the mod-cons
- Central heating and hot water are provided from the eco friendly bio mass boiler
- Swedish wood-fired hot tub is available to hire
The Owner Says
- The Stable Cottage is not suitable for more than 2 adults.
- No smoking or vaping in the cottage or around the hot tub please.
- There is parking for 1 car. We do not have facilities for charging an electric car.
- Farm tours are sometimes available. The children's play areas are open from April to October.
- We are a quiet place perfect for a chilled weekend in the countryside, not suitable as a party venue or for loud music.
- Our farm shop is open in the glamping season from April to October.
- Breakfast hampers, homecooked dishes, fruit and veg boxes are available to pre order.
About Middle Stone Farm
We're very family friendly with two play areas, lots of animals to meet, meadows to run free and it's not overcrowded. The cabin is secluded and designed with couples in mind. We have a farm shop on site with lots of local products and we run very popular farm tours through the glamping season. Perfect for family holidays and couple breaks, please note we are not hosting adult groups at the moment.
West Somerset is relatively unknown, our local beaches are never crowded even in August, we're only 3 miles from Exmoor, the least visited National Park in the country, it's incredibly beautiful and unspoilt here. It's also a very friendly part of the West Country and you can be sure of a warm welcome.
Food & Drink
There are two pubs in nearby Wiveliscombe and many good country pubs on Exmoor and The Quantocks. Porlock Weir has lots of good independent options including oysters and noodles on the harbour, Blue Anchor has a family friendly beach cafe.
You don't need to go on safari to stay in a safari tent these days. But with alpacas, goats and rare breed pigs and sheep, you can make a very British safari of your own at Middle Stone Farm. Binoculars aren't even required.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Rated ★★★★★ over 1 reviews
Enjoyable and relaxing stay, would return
Response from Middle Stone Farm
Middle Stone Farm is located at Middle Stone Farm, Brompton Ralph, Somerset TA4 2RT
From Taunton, take the B3227 to Wiveliscombe, and from there follow the B3188 which will take you through the village of Ford and up the hill to Pitsford Hill and the cricket club. Shortly after Pitsford Hill you will see a lane marked 'Brompton Ralph' on the left; take this and after three field entrances you will see Middle Stone Farm.
A direct train from London Paddington (0845 748 4950) to Taunton (0845 748 4950) takes 1hr 45 minutes if you're on the fast train. The glamping site is still a 30 minute drive from Taunton train station though and there is no public transport to Brompton Ralph. You need a car to make the most of your visit!