1960 Safari Airstream
- Sleeps 2 (max 2 adults, 1 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- A 22ft refurbished 1960 Safari Airstream sleeping two (bedding provided)
- Cooking equipment and facilities inside, BBQ, log burner and picnic table outside
- One of 13 gleaming Airstreams in a large field surrounded by countryside
The Owner Says
The Airstream Safari
Measuring 22 feet long, this beautiful old Airstream Safari sleeps 2 people on 1 fold out double and the option of a 'dinette' that converts to a small double to make a second bed.
- All bedding, linen, towels and tea-towels included.
- Services – water, certified gas, electricity via regular caravan hook-ups
- Heating – electrical fan heaters – trailers are well insulated and heat up well but do bring warm PJ’s and your slippers for cold weather!
- Bathroom facilities – Hot water showers and a bathroom sink – toilets are not on trailers – we have a toilet facility on site (separate ladies and gents with extra showers) Chem loos are available for hire if this is a must for you – £25 fully serviced.
- Full size cooker and small fridge (fridge has a teeny icebox freezer)
- Kitchen facilities – A full complement of equipment (including teapots and cafetieres) – you don’t need to bring anything – just ask if there is something specific you would like to check.details. All crockery etc is basic and new so don’t sweat the breakages! This van has a dining booth – we love these!
- Electrical supply is 110V with American plug sockets. All appliances are American (including hairdryers) and we will supply you with a travel plug for your phone, laptop etc. Some items cannot be used directly – Hair straighteners for example but don’t worry – we can sort alternative power supply solutions for these if necessary.
- Entertainment – Radios / CD players on board along with a selection of vintage board games
- Outside your Airstream – all vans have their own picnic bench, a couple of classic deckchairs, log burner and basic BBQ
About Vintage Vacations
Glamping only – though there is 1 extra space for bring-your-own classic campervans and vintage caravans. No dogs allowed.
Treat yourself to a scenic chug through the countryside on the Isle of Wight Steam Railway (01983 882204). The nearest station, at Smallbrook Junction, is a 15 minute walk away. It's a tiny bit further to Rosemary Vineyard (01983 811084), one of the largest producers of English Wine – covering 30 acres just south of Ryde. Free guided winery tours are offerred every Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (11am, 12pm, 1pm) and last around 30 minutes. They take you through the winemaking process and the equipment used, followed by a tasting of their wines, juices, liqueurs and ciders
Food & Drink
Order up a special breakfast ‘hamper’ packed with local goodies (ok, it arrives in a brown paper bag) from the Wight Hamper Company (01983 875535). There are many pub and restaurant options in nearby Newport but for a great view across the island and out to the Solent, head to the beer garden at The Blacksmiths Arms (01983 529263) in Calbourne on the main Newport to Freshwater road. Good Sunday lunches plus guest ales.
Vintage Vacations is located at Hazlegrove Farm, Ashey Road, Ashey, Isle Of Wight PO33 4BD